Friends of Dunraven
Who or what are the Friends of Dunraven?
Friends of Dunraven is the Dunraven Primary School PTFA - all primary parents, carers and staff are automatically members.
The group has two key objectives:
- To develop effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school.
- To engage in activities and provide facilities and equipment which support the school and advance the education of the pupils.
We work towards these objectives in a number of ways, most notably by running a wide variety of events - major events such as a Winter Ball and Summer Fair are held towards the end of the Autumn Term and Summer Term respectively, with other smaller events taking place throughout the year.
Events are a fun way of building the school community and they also help to raise funds that can then be used to provide facilities and equipment. In the past we have bought things like protective clothing for messy play, materials to create the pond in the Secret Garden and storage units for the reception classes.
Friends of Dunraven works closely with Primary staff and families. We are also delighted to have been joined and assisted by students and staff from the Secondary school at our most recent events - we are very keen to build relationships within the whole school community.
There are loads of ways to get involved and we encourage all staff and families to contribute in whatever way they feel most able. This could include:
- attending and enjoying events!
- volunteering to help with an event (either in the planning and preparation, or on the day)
- displaying an estate agent's board advertising the event
- donating second hand toys or school uniform
- baking for cake sales
- click through the Easyfundraising website (https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/fodunraven/) to donate whenever you shop online or from your mobile.
If you run (or have connections with) a local or national business, Friends of Dunraven can also help you promote your brand through a variety of sponsorship opportunities.
Stay In Touch...
If you would like to know more about FoD or to offer your support, we would be delighted to hear from you. We can be contacted by:
Our Current Committee
- Stephanie Charalambous – Chair
- Alison Berryman – Treasurer
- Arun Patel – Secretary
- Harriet Dilley (Deputy Head of Primary)
- Sandie Bourne
- Lucy Sherwood
- Emine Oztekin