Vision, Ethos and Values
Our Code of Conduct has one main expectation: that you treat everyone with courtesy and consideration at all times. The quality of relationships in our school underpins all that we do. Put simply, our ethos is ‘work hard, be nice’.
We want to help our children and young people develop their capacity to excel in a range of important character strengths to prepare them for their life ahead:
- Optimism - I believe I can improve and be more successful with deliberate practice.
- Resilience - I stick with something even when times are difficult or I have to struggle in order to get things done well.
- Gratitude - I show my appreciation for other people and opportunities I am offered.
- Courtesy - I show respect to my peers and the adults in school because it is the right thing to do (not because I’m told to do so).
- Self discipline – I focus on the right thing at the right time and avoid the easy option.
- Working hard - I put as much effort and thought into a task as I can.
- Enthusiasm - I approach everything positively and willingly.
We believe that such qualities are essential for a successful, productive and happy life now and in the future. Our school has a very strong track record in helping young people develop such qualities and they underpin our belief that the key role of our school - together with families and the wider community - is to support the development of well-rounded young adults.
We believe in the importance of a well-rounded education as a central part of the development of that well-rounded person. An education which is inclusive and provides all our students with an equal chance of becoming successful. To achieve this, our curriculum is broad and balanced: our young people will have access to an education that responds to their needs and recognises their interests. We want all our learners to make excellent progress and gain strong outcomes as a result of their study.